Sunday 13 January 2013

Come Dine with Me

Some friends and I have been taking it in turns to do a 'Come Dine with Me' style evening and here's my chosen menu! I went for a mixture of really easy recipes (particularly the melted Camembert!) so I wasn't spending the whole time in the kitchen and a nice piece of fish for the main course. Here's my menu below and some pictures for good measure. 

To drink- Prosecco Royale

Canapés- Wild mushroom & Parmesan vol-au-vents - Taken from Good Food magazine these were good as they could be made in advance (and enjoyed the next day if there are any left overs!) 

Starter- Baked Camembert with crusty bread - I added some garlic and thyme to this classic starter with some crusty bread.

Main- Tuna steak with chilli and lime served with asparagus and patatas bravas - having tried out the recipe earlier on (see my blog post here) this was a safe bet which tasted delicious! 

Pudding- Toffee Apple pudding with vanilla ice cream (another from Good Food magazine - I've made this twice now and it really makes a (crunchy) difference if you add nuts). 







2 comments:

  1. Looks good! We do a similar thing called 'Thursday club', so-called because in the year after uni we used to take turns to cook for each other every Thursday evening. A few of us have reignited it in London which is really fun - although everyone is so busy now we're lucky if we make once every 2/3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice idea- might try something similar with friends in Leeds!

    ReplyDelete