Monday 2 May 2011

Lazy Sundays and Bagels

This Sunday I woke up with a clear head and decided it was about time I got around to making some bagels that I'd spotted  the recipe for some time ago. Having found the recipe on Jess' Blog I started out making some dough. Usually making dough in the bread making machine (lazy, I know!), I was amazed to see how far the dough spread in the hour after I've kneaded it.

If you'd like the recipe I highly recommend looking at the one on Jess's page above.

The most amazing part of my bagel experience was having to boil the bread in sugar water.

I was really happy with how the bagels formed a puffy, yet quite solid coating when boiled. You have to keep on turning them and then get them onto the baking tray and cover them with as many poppy and sesame seeds as you like!


 Here's the finished article- absolutely delicious. Thanks Jess! 


1 comment:

  1. Glad a could help! Looking at these is making me pretty hungry - think it might be time for my next batch. I'm tempted to try cinnamon and raisin or onion and herby ones next - will let you know how they turn out! x

    ReplyDelete