Tuesday 3 May 2011

Plants and Samosas

So, the last of the wonderful bank holiday days is just about to come to a close. With an almost better ankle I managed to venture out today to get some stuff to start off some seeds (tomato, chilli, courgette, runner beans) and some pots to add to my existing compost. More of this later when they start to sprout...

My herbs seem to be doing quite well on the windowsill but I have no idea how long they will last for. Any ideas? On another note, is it best to leave them for as long as possible or to start eating some now so they are encouraged to grow back?



I finally got around to making the Spinach Samosas I found on the Good Food Website (here's the recipe). Unfortunately overall I wasn't very impressed- perhaps a little too spinach-y for me and not enough other flavours or maybe it was the quality of the frozen spinach I used? I'll possibly use fresh next time. Also next time (and as a tip if you'd like to make them) I think a little diced cooked potato, some diced carrots, some peas and more spice would have made these absolutely delicious. Please excuse the mis-shaped samosas (and these two were the best!)- I found the filo difficult to fold!



2 comments:

  1. Pick them, they love it! Picking the older leaves encourages new growth, plus older leaves can get a bit tough if they're just left to grow and grow (I've found this with basil at least). Good luck with the growing - I'm totally addicted! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! They have aphids on them now- what do I do? They came in with my Morrison's bought coriander and now they're on everything! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete