Sunday 25 November 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

Whilst browsing Pinterest I found this amazing recipe for peanut butter cups on The Blue Eyed Bakers blog. They're yummy and so easy to make - no oven required! 

Whilst this recipe is great it's all done in 'cups' - so, using this conversion table, I've converted the recipe to make things a little easier. 

  • 57g Butter
  • 170g Peanut Butter - I used crunchy which was delicious but I think you could use smooth too. 
  • 100g digestive biscuits
  • 50g sugar
  • 150g milk chocolate chips (I used Lakeland's 'Simply Melts' which I've mentioned in a previous post and can be bought here) but normal chocolate bars/ chips work well too.
  • 20ml milk - The original recipe asks for 60ml but I tweaked it a little as I was worried the chocolate wouldn't set.
  • Sea salt
Line a bun tin with papers - I don't have a bun tin and this meant my papers sagged a bit with the heavy ingredients.

Whizz the digestive biscuits in a mixer until you have a fine crumb. 



In a microwavable bowl, melt the butter and peanut butter together for 45 seconds and stir until smooth (apart from the crunchy peanut butter pieces!). 


Once melted all together, add the crushed digestive biscuit and sugar to the melted mix and mix together with a mixing spoon. 


Share this mixture out across 8-10 bun cases and put in the fridge for 15 minutes to set the peanut butter layer. This would also work really nicely with tiny bun cases to make smaller bites. 



Once this layer has cooled you can add the chocolate layer. Melt the chocolate and spread evenly across the top of the peanut butter layer. Give a generous helping of chocolate and sprinkle some sea salt on top. Chill this layer until firm and then serve. 

Not the prettiest of food as my bun cases sagged with no support but delicious all the same! The sea salt gives them a really nice edge and these could work really well in a tray. They went down well in the office and were all gone in no time (I made 20!) - it's best to keep them in the fridge and serve them from the fridge. 







No comments:

Post a Comment