Sunday 21 April 2013

Afterlight photos

I have an obsession with Instagram (as you can probably tell!) so imagine my delight when I found Afterlight for iPhone. It has many of the same features as Instagram but takes it a bit further, enabling you to shape photos, change the contrast, brightness, clarity, etc. 

Here's something I made from photos shaped into letters.



It also has film 'textures' which is a feature I really like - here's some photos I've put through on the app. Photographers may be shaking their heads in despair on 'adding' 'film textures' but I think it's good fun. I particularly like the filter applied to the daffodils as it's a bit more subtle but the one of the right hand side with the red streak looks good too.


For £0.69 it's a bargain and a must for those who love to put photos through Instagram's filters as it gives you more control over the effects and how much you want to apply them. A feature I really like is being able to put the photos through Afterlight and immediately open them in Instagram to upload as the two programmes can be linked. The two work well together and give you more control. Can you recommend any other photo apps for the iPhone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment