Sunday 7 April 2013

Amazing Graze

Yesterday I went to Amazing Graze at the Left Bank Centre in Leeds - the sun came out and it was the perfect weather for eating ice cream (that's my excuse anyway!). Amazing Graze is a small 2 day food/art/music festival run by Manjit's Kitchen. I've visited Manjit's Kitchen many a time at events across Leeds and knew I was going to be in for a treat when I heard they were organising the event.



The atmosphere was great- helped by lots of people and lots of different food on offer. Outside the sun was shinning and the tables full of people enjoying good food, drink and music. Here's a pic of the outside area. It helps that I love Left Bank - I've been here at night time for Bettakultcha before and loved it then and it's even better in the day time! Left Bank is an old church (not sure if it's in use any more) that's used for a range of events - mainly arty ones. 


After soaking up the atmosphere and sun outside we headed inside to see what was on offer. Firstly we headed to Chinampas for a drink - the bags of drink people were carrying around caught my eye and we had to try one out. Opting for something I've never tried before paid off as the tamarind flavoured drink was really nice - the perfect combination of sweet and a little sour. Drinking from the bag was different and a great way to save on waste. 


Moving on to something a little more savoury we shared a mixed meze of tabbouleh, hommous, lamb and tzatziki with a wrap and some Persian breads from Afsaneh Kaviani. This was very tasty and I only wish I had tried the Persian candy floss on offer! 


To finish and the icing on the cake after all the nice food we'd eaten was a Plum Crumble ice-cream from Ginger's Comfort Emporium. Ginger's Comfort Emporium, normally based in Manchester, describes itself as 'an ice cream van for grown ups' and is lovely to look at. The menu is written out in coloured chalks and even the inside is decorated with colourful posters and russian dolls. The ice cream was delicious, with chunks of crumble and plum, I only wish I was hungry enough to try one of the ice cream brioche sandwiches - shown here on the Feast and Glory Blog they look delicious! 



Worth a mention too is the screen prints that were on offer from Hope House Prints and Simon on the Streets. Being a fan of screen printing I love the idea of getting people involved in making their own print for a donation - sadly we had to dash off so I didn't have time to do one - hopefully there will be a next time!

This was the first Amazing Graze and I hope there will be another one in the not so distant future as I would definitely visit again.

1 comment:

  1. That mezze plate would be my perfect lunch any day of the week - yum!

    ReplyDelete