Monday 8 April 2013

Lomo experiments


I have a beautiful lomography fish eye camera that I bought about 8 years ago on Ebay for a steal and I've finally found it again after being parted for all these years. Just like the one above. I love lomos, I love everything about them - from their shiny casings, to the photos they take, to the little communities online worshiping lomos.

I'd have loved this post to be all about my first adventures with my fisheye and how wonderful it was - it was very wonderful taking the photos - sadly, the results didn't agree with me. But... I have learnt for next time. Here's a few things I discovered along the way.

Always take the photos in bright light - the flash isn't very strong and you'll feel let down that the lovely photos of Leeds Market didn't come out.


Don't open your camera too early - it lets the light in! I honestly thought the film was ready to come out. It wasn't. Saying that thought I quite like the second one of the sculpture at The Ropewalk, Barton. 



Taking photos of food makes you happy. Especially when it involves Leeds Market. 


And above all else - some photos will turn out whether you take them inside or not so just shoot and hope for the best!


Next I want a La Sardina and a Coloursplash

No comments:

Post a Comment