Sunday 14 April 2013

The Ropewalk, Barton - paradise over the bridge.


Having been to The Ropewalk a few months ago to do a glass-work day course I went back recently to check out the print exhibition and catch up with my Mum and Dad over a cup of tea in the cafe. The Ropewalk, just over the bridge from Hull in Barton, is a mini paradise filled with prints (I can't help myself - I just love anything etched or lino-printed), a cafe, a gallery, a sculpture garden, a museum, a shop and on a strange offshoot in the cafe they also sell Mr Huda's sauces which I can't find anywhere in Leeds.

The Ropewalk is a breath of fresh air in this part of the world and just makes me feel, well, better, when I walk in. I've taken a few pics below to give you more of a feel for the place but it's well worth a visit if you're in the area (and even if you're not!) as there's plenty of art on display and there's a nice cafe to get some lunch. 

Having dabbled with a bit printmaking in the past it's nice to see what other people are doing and it inspired me to come home and work on my own lino block (admittedly, this is still just a thought... watch this space).








No comments:

Post a Comment